Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Axe Man Cometh

I used to have a pattern where I would start my day early at the YMCA, head to the library to use their wifi, and then on to Subway for lunch, and then to the church to wrap up the work day.  I haven't done that in awhile, for various reasons, but since the beginning of the year I've had a few chances to try it again.  This time, I skipped out on the library and went to Pink Champagne Cupcakery to enjoy hot chocolate, catch up on email, and work on a class that I'm taking through Trinity, which concerns the person of Christ.  It took me a few hours to work through the dense thought of Karl Barth on the hypostatic union (that is, the relationship between Christ's divinity and humanity), but it was much more engaging than I thought it would be.  The man was clearly a gifted teacher of the best sort.

After getting home, I spent some time playing games with the kiddos.  I'm still fascinated by how different they are, and how differently they play.  Rachel and I spent time this evening working on my guitar.  She got it in tune and I started working on chords a little bit.  I even got a few for brief moments.  I'm really excited about being able to play and sing songs that I like for my and my family's amusement some day.  I don't really want any more from it than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment