Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me...

I've been dreading this day for a long time, not so much because it's my birthday (I've got no qualms about growing older), but because Rachel had to work this weekend.  It blows to be apart so often as it is, but even more so on our birthdays (hers is tomorrow).  My plan was to make my birthday perfectly low-key thinking that perhaps no one would notice, but the attention I was given today by people who remembered anyway brightened my spirit.  Plus, Rachel came up with a plan for a date on Monday.  Since our babysitters have been going through major health issues we haven't had much opportunity for dates so I'm looking forward to it.

How did I spend today?  Tried to sleep in.  Cuddled with Daisy Jo.  Listened to Talkin' Baseball out of ESPN Chicago on the interweb while working in the kitchen. Cooked pancakes and grilled cheese.  Had Little Caesars for dinner.  Tried to work through the afternoon while keeping the girls civil.  Not bad for spending most of it in my pajamas.  Honorable birthday mentions go out to Edgar Allen Poe, Dolly Parton, Andy Feliksiak, Sara Hansen, and Jodi Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner of Full House fame).  This is the eclectic bunch that I share my birthday with.  Did you know Jodi Sweetin and I are exactly the same age?

No comments:

Post a Comment