Thursday, January 24, 2013

All My Life

Today started early because, at 2 am, my phone started announcing its impending battery death.  I had my alarm set for 6:30, so what did I do?  Instead of getting up and plugging the phone in to recharge, I just prayed that God would wake me up around 6:30.  He did, well 10 minutes late, but also an hour early when I went back to sleep.  I don't have a smart phone, but I'm sometimes surprised by my dependence on my dumb phone just the same.  I had to get up early to go meet Mark Micklos, my coach, at his house at 7:30.  After playing with his dog Charlie a bit, and having breakfast with Mark and his lovely bride Diana, we spent a few hours talking through the particular challenges and blessings of our lives.  Mark is a good friend to me and a wise counselor.  I should listen to him more...

After this, I went to the office and banged out next Sunday's bulletin.  I do this every week, and it is something I enjoy, but it is also something that really nags at me the longer it gets put it off.  The earliest I can get it done is Thursday, and when that happens, it's a good feeling.  I was just a little into lunch when I got a call that I would need to make a trip to the hospital.  Once Rachel got back from the chiropractor and I went and visited our friend and faithful babysitter Chris Chittester and her husband Jim.  We had a nice chat and I'm happy to say that she should be fine.

Rachel made a tasty hot dog, pork & bean soup for dinner around the table.  I also spent some time doing two loads of laundry (out of both socks and underwear) and watching the ever-popular Thursday Night Follies.  The Office, still a favorite, was especially poignant tonight and, to be honest, hit kind of close to home for a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment